If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.
Crossroads is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization established in 2006 to create an interdependent network of individuals and organizations working together to combat poverty and homelessness in Daviess County, Kentucky. We were originally located in the basement of New Life Church, where we operated a soup kitchen and other programs to feed the hungry. We moved to 1631 Breckenridge Street in April 2014. Our new facility allows expansion of services to the poor and provides the necessary space to move forward with the next phase of our vision ~ opening a Community Day Center for the homeless and a walk-in overnight emergency shelter for women.
Our mission is to alleviate the symptoms of poverty, while providing common ground where the growth and development of hope is fostered through community service. We believe that when we interact with one another, we are all changed; socioeconomic, theological and cultural differences fade away, opening the door to a more just world.
CrossRoads is a nonprofit, 501c(3) corporation created to establish an interdependent network of individuals and organizations working together to combat poverty and homelessness in Daviess County, Kentucky.
- by affirming the image of God in everyone
- by treating one another with honor and respect
- by living in a spirit of compassion
- by demonstrating unconditional acceptance
- by putting relationships first
- by encouraging one another to discover and pursue our passion
- by understanding that through interaction with one another we are all changed
- by practicing forgiveness, grace, trust, transparency, and dependability
- by sharing resources with one another
- by creating awareness of systemic injustices
- by recognizing our participation in these structures
- by empowering people to address injustice where they find it